CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

LBC Commercial



Try to ask kids at home what they love doing most on their free time.

Every morning, my nephew who's 8 years old and my 5 years old daughter enjoys watching kiddie shows on Disney Channel. They enjoy every moment that they are watching tv. They love singing and dancing with Dora, Little Einsteins, Jojo the clown, Barnyard, Hi-5 and others.

Kids now are very bright, they can learn on their own and they can easily adapt to any stuff even just from watching tv. One is, my nephew and daughter get to practice speaking in English and spell words.

One time my officemates were talking about a local commercial on tv. It's a commercial wherein a kid joining a spelling bee, was asked to spell the word Remittance, and instead of giving the correct spelling, the kid spelled it as L B C and the host (Edu Manzano) confirmed and announced that it was correct.

For those who are not aware what LBC is (specially foreigners), LBC is a shipping courier here in the Philippines.

My friends who have kids reacted to this already, and when I saw the ad, well I also got the same reaction. One thing I had in mind is to have it banned from tv. For learning or educational reasons it should be stopped from being advertised, kids specially the younger ones might that think that this is right.

Just in my case, my daughter Alexa cannot read or spell words much yet. Even if we tell her that the spelling of remittance given by the kid in the commercial is wrong, if the "tv commercial" or the scenes/images on the ad would remind her of the word remittance, there's a possibility that she might spell remittance as L B C just like how the kid in the ad spelled it.

Alot have reacted, how about you what's your insight on this?


0 comments: